The following documentation describes the climate models that are available on the WHOI CMIP5 Community Storage Server:
- CMIP5 Models Table (PDF) – This document describes some of the features of the CMIP5 models and provides relevant references.
- WG1AR5 – Appendix 9.A (PDF) – This document provides detailed descriptions of the salient features of the Atmosphere–Ocean General Circulation Models (AOGCMs) and Earth System Models (ESMs) participating in CMIP5 models and relevant references.
The documents below describe features and data access methods for acquiring data:
- Advanced Dataset Search: User Manual (PDF) – This document describes the features and operation of the CMIP5 Community Storage Server – Advanced Dataset Search page.
- Data Access Methods (PDF) – This document describes data access methods for the WHOI CMIP5 community storage server.
- Technical Documentation (PDF) – Technical information about the CMIP5 Community Storage Project. This document needs to be updated as critical changes to the application layout since the time of its writing.
Presentations from the first WHOI CMIP5 Informational/Training Session
The following presentations were created for the first Informational/Training Sessions About IPCC Climate model data.
Presentations from the Second WHOI CMIP5 Informational/Training Session
The following presentations were used as part of the January 21st CMIP5 Informational Session. The first four presentations provide examples of how CMIP5 data is used in research projects within the institution. The final presentation provides some updates about the usage and history of the CMIP5 server, available datum, and method of accessing those datum from the WHOI CMIP5 server.
- Centennial Scale Changes in Global Water Cycle in CMIP5 (PDF) – Levang, Sam; Schmitt, Ray
- Palagic Seascape Ecology and CMIP5: Characterizing the Trajectory of Dynamic Ocean Habitats (PDF) – Kavanaugh, Maria T.
- Using the WHOI CMIP5 Archive to Understand Paleoclimate Dynamics (PDF) – Anchukaitis, Kevin; Fleming, Laura
- Is the Climate Homogeneous at IPCC Class Models’ Resolution (PDF) – Jenouvrier, Stephanie; presented by Karnauskas, Kristopher
- CMIP5 Data Updates & Info (PDF) – Ummenhofer, Caroline