The “Workshop on Climate Model-Based Research at WHOI”, hosted on September 8th, 2016, in Clark 507. The full schedule of presentations can be found here, and the presentations and posters are available for download below.
Presentations from the workshop:
- Caroline Ummenhofer (PO) – “Introduction to CMIP5, CMIP6, and the WHOI server” (PDF|PPTX)
- Scott Doney (MC&G) – “Ocean Carbon Cycle & Biogeochemistry” (PDF)
- Hyodae Seo (PO) – “Coupled impacts of the diurnal cycle of SST on the MJO”
- Tom deCarlo (G&G) – “Climate modulates internal wave activity in the northern South China Sea” (PDF|PPTX)
- James Bramante – (G&G) “Do CMIP5 models capture storm variability in the WNP over the last millennium?” (PDF|PPTX)
- Laura Fleming (PO) – “North Pacific decadal variability in the CMIP5 last millennium simulations” (PDF)
- Young-Oh Kwon (PO) – “Winter surface storm tracks in the CMIP5 models” (PDF|PPTX)
Posters from the Workshop:
- Caroline Ummenhofer (PO) – “Late Holocene dynamics of the Indo-Pacific tropical rain belt”
- Elizabeth Wallace (G&G) – “Using GISS-E2-R model output to assess the relationship between the Atlantic Meridional Mode (AMM) and paleohurricane activity in the Bahamas”
- Young-Oh Kwon (PO) – “North Atlantic Oscillation, jet, and blocking in CESM1 Large Ensemble Simulations” (PDF)
- Jennie Rheuban/Ivan Lima (MC&G) – “Developing a model for the US Sea Scallop fishery that incorporates ocean acidification and warming” (PDF)
Presentations from the January 2015 workshop can be found here.